Friday, February 6, 2015

Our 1st Conversation On Twitter: #familyconnect

Last night myself and Troy Rivera hosted our first Twitter chat about family and community engagement.  It was awesome!  What I noticed right away is how great people were about joining when they could and also the flow of tweets!  I was so inspired by others ideas.  Also I appreciated reading how many people are doing similar things to engage families.  That is awesome!  I think also having social media as away to connect and engage in online conversations people have an opportunity to ask questions and share as well as reflect.

As I read though all of the tweets I was really struck at the amazing ways people are presently engaging families.  Many people use Facebook, Twitter, Email, Blogger, Kidblog, BUT  many people also use face to face opportunities as well.  Some examples were celebrations of learning, shopping and being a patron in the community you teach, walking after school through neighborhoods.  I am thinking about the importance of having many different ways to engage.  In person is important as well as virtually.  Many people have mobil devices which are a great way to get up to date text, emails and other notifications. I am very inspired and excited to be doing it again next week!
I even created my first storify of some of the tweets from our discussion!  Learning lots through this experience.  Click here to read my 1st Storify from our chat!

No comments:

Post a Comment